Oops! Apparently I've accidentally deleted all of my images. I'll see about fixing that soon.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dr Who (5th) Cosplay: Jacket Lining Fail

I spent many hours the other night working on my Doctor cosplay for GenCon.  But I didn't get nearly as far as I had intended.  In fact I only got one part done: the piping on the back of the jacket.

It may have taken all evening to do, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I still need to give it a good steaming so the ease lays more smoothly, but I think it really gives a nice pop of color across the back.

At the same time, my husband was out having fun with a friend.  The result was that he arrived home very happy and very muddy.  So, we spent a good chunk of time this weekend de-mudding him, his clothes, and omg his shoes.

there are shoes in this picture under all of that mud

I was working on attaching the lining in the last couple of days, and last night I realized I might have to re-cut some of the pieces for the vents in the back.

can you see what's wrong here?

How did I not notice this before?

and now this is how I feel...

So I could feel better about making some progress, I also did a quick fix-up of another kind.  I've been feeling totally nervous over how short the skirt is.  And I had some eyelet bloomers that I had made to go under my kilt when I used to do contra dancing.


They actually end up being a little bit long for this application, and I've never felt they were particularly 'pretty.'  So I added a couple of rows of elastic thread at the bottom.

Amazing how something so simple can make such a huge difference!

I guess that's all for now. Hope you are having a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! (I can't sew so I have no idea what is wrong with the one picture). : )


Comments are turned off due to spam & the fact that i'm moving my blogging to Tumblr :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.