I've taken a short break from finishing up the final bits of my Dr Who cosplay to spend some time with my grandmother while she is in town.
She brought with her a whole host of items to be altered, though, so I've been sewing like a madwoman in the few hours I've spent at home.
|some of the items she needed altered|
I spent several hours with her making notes on what needed to be done on each item and pinning & re-pinning till she had a look we were both happy with.
The skirt hems went pretty quickly, the blouse alterations, not so much. The first one, though, didn't actually need any change in shape, just a style adjustment. The knit blouse had an open cutwork design around the neckline which was pretty. But my grandma found it felt too revealing and asked if I could do something about it.
When I hemmed the blue patterned skirt that went with it I had enough extra to lay behind the cutwork, which she also found to be scratchy. I handstitched the edges down, carefully cutting it to shape. She's very pleased with how it turned out and even wore it yesterday!
The other thing we did sewing-wise while she was here was to take a bunch of measurements and also create a sloper for her. I'm planning on doing a bit more sewing for her long-distance and want to know I am sewing for the correct shape.
The first project is going to be an old pattern of hers: Stretch & Sew 1582. The original was a rust-colored dress, but I'll be making it a two-piece ensemble out of a dark green for the fall and winter months.
In other news, we finally got a tiny bit of rain. yay!
|tree is happier, but ground is still pretty parched|
That's all for now. Hope you have a good Monday!