I know I usually try to put more process photos in, but this really was just a quick little project that I threw together at the last minute with some of the leftover materials from the jackets in the last post.
|for a little girl's skirt|
Mostly, I wanted to do something quick and easy with the scraps from the last project, but also, I had an idea I wanted to try.
I cut lots of little circles of the sparkly poly organza from hell and a couple of rectangles. I found a scrap of elastic and some ribbon and jumped right in.
All of the circles were layered onto the large rectangle and stitched down row by row.
At the top I made a casing for the elastic & ribbon with another rectangle of 'the stuff' and slipped the band through.
I like the combo of ribbon and elastic because I think it gives the most options for fit and comfort. The ribbon ties at the back.
For something I just threw together I'm really happy with how it turned out. All of the fabrics were sheer but with so many layers you still get good coverage. It was really fluffy and that's what I was going for.
Have a great week!